We have two segregated suspension concentrate (or ‘flowables’) facilities at Safapac where we are able to manufacture stable suspensions. These consist of an insoluble solid active ingredient dispersed at (conventionally) a high concentration in liquid.
The high density of some actives makes them unsuitable for formulation into stable suspensions; hence a particle size reduction procedure has to first take place for this to be possible. We achieve this through bead milling techniques.
Suspension concentrate plant capabilities
Our suspensions plant is capable of manufacturing both large and small-scale quantities of product and has the following features:
- Multiple-active formulations
- Continuous batch process plant design
- Particle size reduction with Fryma colloid mills and wet bead milling using WAB KD280 Dyno Mills
- Sub micron particle size reduction capabilities
- Output of 24,000L/day achievable subject to analytical specification and formulation
- 24/7 shift operation
- Bulk FIBC and case / sack powder handling capability
- Stringent clean down process in the changeover between campaigns – verified by laboratory analysis to ensure this meets our strict criteria and ECPA guidelines
Segregated herbicide suspension concentrate plant
In 2015, we installed a brand new suspension plant – this has enabled us to increase the production of these suspension concentrate products.
One of the main factors to consider in a manufacturing plant such as this is the potential for cross contamination – the new plant is therefore segregated for the manufacture of herbicides (i.e. highly potent actives) only. This is inline with the CropLife International (previously, European Crop Protection Association) guidelines for the formulation and packing of agrochemical products.
This plant has the same capabilities as our original facility, but has the following features –
- Output of 20,000L/day achievable subject to analytical specification and formulation
- Particle size reduction with Fryma colloid and bead milling using WAB KD280 Dyno Mill